Saturday, March 17, 2012

Comfort found in History

I miss my grandparents - Jess & Lora Hollar. They were a huge influence in my life and I often find myself thinking of what they would think or say about different things in my life. After my grandfather passed away I accepted the job of family historian, uncovering, researching and reviewing all of the treasures that these wonderful people left behind. I was truly blessed by their presence in my life and I have been blessed by my historical journey too.
Here are some of the wonderful treasures that I have found in my research (enjoy):


This is my great-great grandmother, Josephine C. Chappell


This is my great-grandmother, Norma Chappell Hollar (daughter of Josephine)


On the back of this picture it says,
"Ray (my great-grandfather & namesake) on the job just before he was killed"
based on other pictures I found I think he is the second from the right.


This is my grandfather, Jess E. Hollar - he was an amazing man.
As soon as I figure out how to do it I will post some of the letters I found also.



No comments: