Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Not the usual

So for days I've been wanting to vent and tell the world that I'm going into hibernation for an extended period of time. Although I realize that this is completely different than most of my blog entries I've decided to post my ranting here.
I'm tired! I'm cranky and I feel completely lost most days. I have recently been praying a prayer that goes something like this - Dear Lord I know you have me in this place for a reason and your timing is perfect and unquestionable. Please help me to see why and how to get out of this "rut" that I feel like I'm being swallowed by.
Here's where I am: I don't have time to make dinner, much less clean up the dishes, my job although it is a good one is consuming and at times overwhelming in the sheer speed of the day (if I haven't shared with you here it is 8:40-12:45 teach, teach, teach, teach, 20 minutes lunch, teach!) yes it goes quickly but I can't find the time to grade, enter grades, create lessons, etc - except before or after school hours. Overwhelming - especially when you consider all the little blessings I have at home wanting my time and attention.
Okay now let me say that I love my kids, I love my husband, I'm happy with the job I have and I have a wonderful extended family and church family. Please join me in prayers of thanksgiving for these many blessings. If after that you have time to pray for some relief then that is greatly appreciated too!
Thank you & my loyal blog readers... love you!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Hang in there, Sherry! I don't know how you do all you do - seems overwhelming to me. Of course, even a little of what you do is overwhelming to me!!! Maybe your little trip at Thanksgiving to Arkansas and Missouri will recharge you - and then your Christmas trip!! Sure hope so. Praying for you!! Love you, Mom/Bon

Mom said...

Sherry, I wish I had a magic wand and could change things for you. However, you know I pray for you and your family, among other things on my mind, and in my heart. That is what I can offer, other than my love and understanding for you. You are an amazing woman, who faces many challenges daily. Just remember to stay strong....God will show you the way, just follow Him.
I love you....Mom

Scott said...

Sherry! I hope everything has calmed down! Thanks for the emails that you have sent me. I really like hearing from you guys. Hope things get better - Love you.

Scott